“It is a privilege for me to be a part of the journey of each and every child’s fight against cancer.”
Dr LeLe Aung
- Mount Alvernia
Dr LeLe Aung is a Paediatrician and Paediatric Haematologist-Oncologist with more than 20 years’ experience in clinical practice.
She obtained her Bachelor of Science (BSc, Biology) from the State University of New York, USA and her Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree from Meharry Medical College, USA. After completing her post graduate training in General Paediatrics Residency (1996-1999) at the University of Minnesota, USA, Dr Aung undertook a Fellowship in Paediatric Haematology-Oncology (1999-2002) at the world renowned Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre and Weil Cornell Medical College-New York Presbyterian Hospital in New York, USA. In addition to her American Board Certification in General Paediatrics and Paediatric Haematology-Oncology, she is also a Fellow of the American Academy of Paediatrics. Dr Aung is accredited by the Singapore Accreditation Board in both Paediatric Medicine and Paediatric Haematology-Oncology.
Since making Singapore her home in 2006, Dr Aung is most passionate about providing holistic, evidence-based care for children in Singapore and surrounding regions who have challenging solid tumours. She has also published several studies in the Journal of Clinical Oncology, Cancer, and Pediatric Blood and Cancer journals, in addition to local medical journals with a focus on childhood cancers in Singapore, namely osteosarcoma, neuroblastoma and various childhood solid tumours.
Dr Aung is committed to sharing her knowledge through teaching, having served as a clinical tutor at the National University of Singapore, Adjunct Assistant Professor at Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School, and also as a guest lecturer of Advanced Nursing at Ngee Ann Polytechnic.
Dr LeLe Aung accepts referrals for all blood and cancer diagnoses in children, adolescents and young adults, with a special clinical interest in brain cancer, kidney cancer, liver cancer, neuroblastoma and sarcoma.
For more information on paediatric oncology at Icon, click here.
Affiliations & Memberships
- Fellow, American Academy of Paediatrics (AAP)
- Member, American Society Paediatric Haematology-Oncology (ASPHO)
- Paediatrician Volunteer, (2012, 2016) Operation Smile Missions, Singapore
- Osteosarcoma in adolescents and young adults: Our Experience in Singapore. L Aung, AS Tin, TC Quah, RW Pho. Ann Acad Med Singapore. 2014; 43(6):305-13
- Singapore rhabdomyosarcoma experience:Shall we change our practice? L Aung, AS Tin, K Chang, TC Quah. Ann Acad Med Singapore. 2014;43:86-95
- The hidden impact of childhood cancer on the family: A multi institutional study from Singapore. Aung L, Sabai SM, Chan MY, et al. Ann Acad Med Singapore, 2012; 41:170-5
- Neuroblastoma: Experience from the National University Health System, Singapore. Tan C, Sabai SM, Tin AS, Quah TC, Aung L. Singapore Med J, 2012; 53(1)19
- Diagnostic delay in paediatric solid tumours: A population based study on determinants and impact on outcomes. Loh AHP, Aung L, Ha C, et al. Pediatr Blood & Cancer. 2012; 58:561-5 doi: 10.1002/pbc.23382
- Metachronous skeletal osteosarcoma in patients successfully treated with adjuvant and neoadjuvant chemotherapy. Aung L, Gorlick R, Healey J, Shi W, et al. J Clin Oncol 2003; 21:342-8
- Secondary malignant neoplasms in long-term survivors of patients with osteosarcoma: MSKCC experience. Aung L, Gorlick R, Shi W, et al. Cancer 2002; 95:1728-34